The Project

The principal at my kids' elementary school asked me to create a fun, all-school event based around our school's core values (you know... friendship, citizenship, caring, etc.).  The school goal was to help the kids learn the core values AND put the values into practice.  My goal was to make the event fun and unforgettable.  The kids response was SO overwhelming and wonderful (I am unofficially a school celebrity and can't go on campus without random kids stopping me to chat) that I thought I'd share what I did in case anyone else wants to try it too.  If you live nearby and would like to borrow my props, shoot me an email. I am happy to share.



Below is a day-by-day view of how the event unfolded.  It took three weeks (not including the 'winners' parties) and was a huge amount of work.  But worth every moment.

Our school has 750ish students ranging from Kinder to 6th grade.  Because Kinders are on a vastly different schedule / program, they didn't participate in the GPPE event.  All the other grades did and even the 6th graders enjoyed it.

(On my computer, the GPPE in the photo to the left looks almost blue.  In real life, he's a brilliant shade of purple.)

No comments:

Post a Comment